Hello

BobCan

Newby
Jul 31, 2019
I am Bob, from west coast Canada, and I would just like to say how delighted I am that Ben has made this site! We need more attention to the importance of positive happy lives, and help along the way to achieving them.

By way of introduction, most of my life I was a scientist and educator. I am now in retirement stage of life, but still interested in those topics. Some years ago I read The Happiness Advantage (an incredibly book I highly recommend), and it served as my introduction to positive psychology. I have since read a number of other articles and books around happiness.

Mental health has touched pretty dramatically my direct family, and I am very proud of my daughter who overcame incredible challenges to find a happy balanced life in which she helps others who struggle with similar challenges.

In retirement I have a hobby of domain names and actually was the first registrant for this domain name. I was so delighted when Ben bought it and put it to use for this site, and i am excited to see if fully developed.

Have a happy, balanced and meaningful day everyone.

Bob

• Love
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Founder
Staff member
Jul 19, 2019
Lancashire, UK.
benrhodes.me
Hey Bob,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so pleased that you have chosen to be apart of the community here at happiness.icu! Yep, you're correct - you were the first one who registered the happiness.icu, and I fell in love with the domain so I bought it from you!

Sounds like your daughter has come along way, congratulations to her, and I am so pleased that she is giving back and supporting other people who are in the same situation as she was in. Huge respect!

We need more attention to the importance of positive happy lives, and help along the way to achieving them.
^ AGREE!

Last edited: